In doing the project, students will not only learn about Dickinson's writing, buy they will also use skills in research, writing, critical thinking, collaboration, communicating through various forms, and using technology as a tool to create a product for others to reference. Student are grouped into teams of three (there is one group of two in each class because of numbers). Teams will first fill in the blank cells of the Project Plan below and share the document with me. Afterward, each team will submit a timeline and workload plan.
The American Literature Sites Project is as follows:
American Literature Sites
|Emily Dickinson - need to know topics & assignments||How to Address the topic or assignment||How to Support & Give Credibility to your work on the topic and/or assignment||Product within the Site that will demonstrate this topic and/or assignment|
|Effect of her life on her writing|
|Dickinson's writing style|
|Themes of Dickinson's writing|
|Figurative Language commonly used in Dickinson's writing|
|Critical reviews of Dickinson's writing|
|Analyze ten Dickinson poems|
|Other writings by Emily Dickinson (letters of correspondence, etc.)|
|Which literary period does Dickinson's writing reflect?|
|Why is Dickinson and her writing significant to American Literature?|
The project is worth a total of 45 points in the Report category of your 4th quarter grade. Each Product withing the Site will be scored on the following Expectations and scale:
|Well Below Expectations||Below Expectations||Meets Expectations||Above Expectations||Well Above Expectations|
- Project partners will submit their Project Plan to Mr. Langley via document sharing.
- The product demonstrates understanding of the topic/assignment
- The product thoroughly, effectively, and accurately addresses the topic/assignment
- The product is a credible reference tool for others
- Credible sources are used and referenced
- Web sources are hyperlinked with a text link. Print sources are referenced with in-text parenthetical citations (a works cited page in the site is present)
- Whenever applicable, project partners research how to use the tools necessary to create the product.
- Project partners establish and maintain respectful and cooperative working relationships
- Project partners seek feedback from multiple sources from outside Mr. Langley's English classes (a Google form is a quick survey tool). Feedback results are presented to Mr. Langley via gmail or document sharing.
- Project partners constructively use feedback from multiple sources to make improvements to the product.
- Project partners organize a timeline for each project and submit the timeline to Mr. Langley via gmail.
- Project partners organize a work-load plan for partners and submit the plan to Mr. Langley via gmail or document sharing.
- Project partners maintain and complete their agreed upon workload according to the timeline submitted or document sharing.